25 May 2015

..::Product Review::.. Yorkshire Mayfair 1000 Thread Count Standard Pillowcases

My Review of Yorkshire Mayfair 1000 Thread Count Standard Pillowcases

What is it exactly?

     From the website. . .
"100% Cotton
Sateen Finish
Ultra Soft
Set of two"

Review…

I was sent a pair of standard-sized pillowcases from Yorkshire Mayfair to review.  

Packaging & Presentation of Yorkshire Mayfair 1000 Thread Count Standard Pillowcases
  
This set of pillowcases arrived safely to me.  There were no dents, defects, nor issues during shipment.  They came shipped inside of a sealed plastic bag.  This bag was zipped on top.


There is a label on front of the package that displays the brand, product, materials used, and care instructions.


The bag has a nice zipper on top.  You can do a few things here-- you can save the bag to store your pillowcases, you can save the bag and use it for something else, or you can cut off the zipper and use it in crafts.


The pillowcases were folded neatly, and there was a cardboard insert to keep them sturdy in the package.



There is a single tag on the inside of each pillowcase.  The front is materials used, and the back has the care instructions.


My Personal Experience with Yorkshire Mayfair 1000 Thread Count Standard Pillowcases

Well, I guess I should start by saying that I was expecting something a little higher in quality.  The packages they were sending out for review were random, so I wasn't sure which color I was going to get.  I received beige, and I was pretty happy about it.  It's a neutral, so it pretty much matches anything.

When I opened them up, I was a little surprised.  Now, I've been to Bed Bath & Beyond and drooled over their 1000 thread count pillowcases.  They are incredibly soft, and expensive.  These felt a little rough to me, definitely not like any 1000 thread count pillowcase that I've felt before.

The next thing I noticed was directly after I put my pillow inside.  This is supposed to be a standard size pillowcase, but it fit like a king-sized pillowcase.  Needless to say, I had a lot to fold over!  The actual sewing was straight and thorough, but I really dislike how they fit.


Pros of Yorkshire Mayfair 1000 Thread Count Standard Pillowcases
  • Very nice neutral color.
  • The sewing is straight and precise.
  • Washes and dries easily and wrinkle-free.
  • Comes packaged nicely.
Cons of Yorkshire Mayfair 1000 Thread Count Standard Pillowcases
  • These are a lot rougher than other 1000 thread count pillowcases I've felt.
  • The fit is all off.
          Summary

          I really can't recommend these.  I was absolutely unimpressed with these pillowcases.  I think a lot of this has to do with what I was expecting, but with other brands' 1000 thread count pillowcases, it's hard not to form a bias.  These are nice pillowcases for a 'normal' pillowcase, but as far as a prestigious one?  Nope.


          For further information, please visit Yorkshire Mayfair on:


          DISCLAIMER:  I received the product mentioned above complimentary for review and testing purposes. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  All opinions stated above are solely mine, and have not been influenced in any way.  I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

          No comments: