04 May 2015

..::Product Review::.. Key West Retinol Cream


My Review of Key West Retinol Cream

What is it exactly?

     From the website. . .
"Our retinol night cream is an advanced formula with 97% natural and 71% organic ingredients, unlike most retinol creams that contain heavy amounts of synthetic ingredients and fillers.

At a strength of 2.5%, it contains 2 1/2 times the amount of retinol as the standard 1% strength found in most retinol creams and is the strongest percentage available without a prescription. Our 1.7 oz size is nearly twice the size as the standard 1 oz container offered with most retinol products."

Review…

I was sent a 1.7 fl oz bottle of the 2.5% Retinol Cream from Key West Health & Beauty to review.  

The price for this bottle is $38.00.  Shipping is free with Amazon Prime.

Packaging & Presentation of Key West Retinol Cream

I am happy to say that this product arrived in great condition.  It was placed in a bubble wrap bag for safe delivery, and everything was intact.  There were no damages during shipment.  The bottle is gray.  The label is white with black and lime accents.  The bottle measures 6.0" x 1.25" at its widest points.

The front of the bottle looks high class.  If this was on the shelf in the store, I'd pick it up and look at it.  It labels the product, brand, and sizing information.  This bottle didn't have a safety seal.  This is a 2.5% concentration.


The right side of the bottle describes the product, provides directions for use, cautions, and contact information.  The left side of the label lists the ingredients.  This retinol cream is recyclable, not tested on animals, made with certified organic ingredients, and has a 12-month PAO.


This product uses a pump dispenser for its application method.


My Personal Experience with Key West Retinol Cream

I knew that I wanted to try this just by how the bottle looks.  First impressions are everything, right?  It looks fancy, but the important thing is that it needs to work.  


I've been enjoying this cream.  I've tried the Key West Dark Spot Corrector, and I LOVE that, so I was expecting great things with this.  You know me-- I don't use retinol products every single day, but I use them a few times per week.  I love the benefits of retinol, and coupled with the precision formula from Key West, great things will happen by using this.


The cream is almost 'whipped' in consistency, and it blends and absorbs so easily.  It's 'technically' not fragranced, but I sometimes find that unscented products sometimes have the 'unscented' smell.  This is one of those cases.  

Pros of Key West Retinol Cream
  • The bottle looks classy.
  • The retinol cream is made with quality ingredients.
  • Almost double the amount for the same price as smaller creams.
  • Use in conjunction with SPF, and provides anti-aging properties!
Cons of Key West Retinol Cream
  • I wish this cream came inside of a dark container.  Retinol is light sensitive, and even though the label covers the majority of the bottle, I find that there are still parts that the light can get to.
Summary

I've used this a few times now, probably around 5 or 6, and I love how it feels.  I use it at nighttime on a freshly cleaned face.  It feels so nice, and serves as a great base for my nightly mask.  I would definitely buy this again.



For further information, please visit Key West Health & Beauty on:


DISCLAIMER:  I received the product mentioned above complimentary for review and testing purposes. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  All opinions stated above are solely mine, and have not been influenced in any way.  I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments: