07 April 2015

..::Glitz 'n Glamour::.. I am Lov'Leigh Review


Hello to all of my wonderful followers! Today is something I have NEVER talked about on the blog before, and I am very excited about these products! So what is this mysterious product? Shampoo and serum. Yes, today is all about your hair! We all strive to have nice hair and take care of it or maybe some of you are like me and get tired of it growing out and decide to chop it off on a whim (most of the time I regret it but it seems to be a cycle). Basically, after I cut my hair I try to grow it out again and that is where these products come in. I was sent an 'Herbal Infused Growth Shampoo' and an 'Herbal Infused Growth Serum', from I Am Lov’Leigh on Etsy.


First things first-- the packaging when I received these products was so cute. It was literally like unwrapping a nice birthday present or Christmas present. You get it.


 I just love the presentation of these products when I received them. Everything had a nice place.

 

 I received a nice detailed paper with so much information on the products and the company, along with a cute card of the company logo with the products. 


Now on to the labels. I know I am a little obsessed with labels, but I feel like they are a necessity for products. The shampoo and serum I received both have excellent labels and detailed instructions on how to use them, and the ingredients are also listed.


 I won’t go through the whole label, but I will tell you my favorite thing on the label is the quote on the front of each bottle. It reads, “I know that I was planted here with purpose. And I believe that I grow a little more each day. But it is only when I truly get in touch with my roots that I will ever transition into the person I was always meant to be.”  I personally love this quote and it fits so well on these labels as the products are meant for hair. The only other thing I want to say about labels it that these labels do point out that these are all natural products. 

Now on to the shampoo. The shampoo is a brown color, and you can see it through the bottle.


 I also noticed that the product looked a little watery through the bottle. I tested this product on my hand to begin with, as I just wanted to see what the consistency was on my hand before I put it in my hair. Once I put it on my hand, I noticed two things: the first was that the shampoo has more of an oily consistency than water, and the scent is very different than it is in the bottle. This is a good thing. Next I tried it on my hair, the shampoo is all natural, so keep that in mind. It did not lather like a normal shampoo does, which I think is normal for an all natural shampoo. I noticed that the scent was nice, not overwhelming or overpowering. I felt like it did give my hair a nice clean feeling, and it left my hair very soft. I would not recommend this shampoo for an everyday shampoo (since it is more of an oil) unless you have really dry hair. Now for my African American ladies and men-- this shampoo would be great for your hair. I would recommend this to you. As far as growth goes, I have not noticed any significant change in the length of my hair, but I not been using this for even a month.  Also, keep in mind that I have not used this everyday because I tend to have more oily hair (yes I have oily hair and oily skin-- I am a oily monster!). I do like this shampoo and will continue using it. 

The 'Growth Serum'-- the first thing that I noticed was the color. It is like a lemon yellow color (it looks pretty). 


This serum can be used on wet or dry hair. I personally used it when my hair was wet, since my hair is oily to begin with. The scent is very different but it does smell good. At least to me. The consistency is almost like the shampoo, but not as thick. It’s a serum, so it feels like a serum. It made my hair very soft, and did not make it oily throughout the day, which is always a concern of mine when I used products on my hair. I like the serum and will continue to use it. But like the shampoo, I do not use it every day. 

Both of these products are wonderful products, and I really would recommend them to anyone but especially my African American friends and followers. Like I said earlier, I have not seen a drastic change in the length of my hair, but I have not been using it for a long time. Remember-- results will vary with different people. I will keep you updated on the growth of my hair, and post some before and after pictures once I used up all of the product, so keep checking back. The 'Growth Shampoo' and 'Growth Serum' costs around $34.99 each, but you can also buy the kit for around $57.99. Please check out I Am Lov’Leigh on Etsy.

xoxo
marah


DISCLAIMER:  I received the product mentioned above complimentary for review and testing purposes. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  All opinions stated above are solely mine, and have not been influenced in any way.  I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments: