04 April 2015

..::Glitz 'n Glamour::.. Green Skin Organics Review


Hello, everyone! I don’t know about all of you moms out there, but as for me I have two beautiful children which left me with some pretty horrible stretch marks. I am much more comfortable with them than I used to be, but I still try to lighten them as much as possible. I have used many products-- some worked, and some did not. I do want to mention that if you have stretch marks you are beautiful, and you should rock them with pride. But, I know it is a lot easier said than done. I have them, and struggle with the beauty of my stomach even though I know that I shouldn't. The only thing we can do is take care of our skin, and work to lighten the stretch marks. I was sent a 'Crystal Butter Stretch Mark Treatment' and 'Green15 Oil' from Green Skin Organics to help with stretch marks and scars. 

All of you know that I love labels. Both of these products have great labels-- the 'Crystal Butter Stretch Mark Treatment' says on the front that it is "Medical Grade Crystals with Cocoa and Shea." This is also a 16 oz jar of the 'Crystal Butter'. The back of the jar reads “Crystal Butter is a blend of raw cocoa and shea butters mixed with dermabrasion crystals. Apply to damp skin and massage in small circles. Rinse well, pat dry and apply Green15 Oil. Do not use on broken skin. In the unlikely event of skin irritation discontinue use. Individual results will vary.”


 I thought the directions were pretty precise on how to use it, which is always nice. The 'Green15 Oil' is a 4 fl oz bottle. It also says that it is a Pure Organic Formula. The back of the bottle also reads “Green15 is a pure blend of 15 organic oils most beneficial for healthy skin. Nutrients that heal skin are most potent in their purest form and Green15 Oil brings all natural oils without any chemicals. No artificial fragrance, parabens or preservatives. It is recommended that Green15 Oil be applied twice daily for a minimum of three months. It should be massaged in a circular motion until fully absorbed. During pregnancy, Green15 Oil should be applied from the start of the second trimester to areas prone to stretch marks. For external use only. Do not use on broken skin. In the unlikely event of skin irritation, discontinue use. Individual results will vary. Store in a cool place away from direct sunlight.”


Now, if that isn't informative then I don’t know what is. I love the detail the company put into the label on the bottle.

I started off with just the 'Crystal Butter', and the texture feels like sand (which I am not fond of), so I found that if I use it in the shower it works better.


 The 'Crystal Butter' smells amazing, and even though I am not fond of the sandy texture-- I ended up really liking it. I think it makes me feel as if it works better since it has that texture. If you decide not to use this in the shower, I recommend putting a towel on the floor just in case some of the product falls.  That way, you wont have a mess to clean up. Now, just because I say that the texture feels like sand doesn't mean that is all it is. It feels like a very luxurious exfoilant. This is by far the best product I have used on my stretch marks. I could see a difference in the appearance of them after about 3 to 4 weeks of use. Now they are not gone by any means, but they are lighter than they were before using this product. My husband even saw a difference in them, which is a big thing (he doesn't usually notice things like this). 


The 'Green15 Oil' is also amazing. It is an oil, so be careful when applying-- a little goes a long way. The scent is nice and clean. Once I started applying the oil, I really couldn't smell the oil. So, basically, the only scent you really get is while it is in the bottle. The oil goes on nicely, and I had no issues with it at all. I massaged the oil in a circular motion all over my stomach, and the oil absorbed quickly. I was not left with a sticky stomach ( I hate that feeling after putting on a product!). I really like the fact that this oil can be used during pregnancy, because if I every decide to have another baby this would be my go-to stretch mark product during pregnancy. It really works!


I highly recommend both of these products. They work great together, but I have used the 'Crystal Butter' without the 'Green15 Oil', and it still worked. I saw the biggest difference when I used the products together. I highly recommend these products if you have stretch marks and nothing seems to be working for you. Try this-- in my opinion, it works wonders! Please check out Green Skin Organics on Etsy.

xoxo
marah


DISCLAIMER:  I received the product mentioned above complimentary for review and testing purposes. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  All opinions stated above are solely mine, and have not been influenced in any way.  I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments: