08 March 2015

..::Product Review::.. Pura D'or Argan Oil Products



My Review of Pura D'or Argan Oil Products

What is it exactly?

     From the website. . .
"For more than four years, Pura d'or has been growing a culture planted on a natural set of values and beliefs. But when all is said and done it comes down to one unified mission—to create organic personal care solutions that naturally work.

All our ingredients are grown on trees, not in test tubes. Our products are artisanally handcrafted by a hybrid team of artists and scientists, not by machines. Some say that this is a step backward, but we believe that this is a step in the direction of how things should be

Pura d'or creates better beauty products from ingredients that are not only naturally beneficial, but are also sustainably grown and raised with respect for the animals that eat them and the people who produce them."

Review…

I was sent a 16 fl oz bottle of the Premium Organic Shampoo, 16 fl oz of the Premium Organic Conditoner, and 1.0 fl oz of the Body, Hair, & Face Treatment  from Pura D'or to review.  

The price for the shampoo and conditioner is $24.99 each.  The Body, Hair, & Face Treatment  is $24.99, too.  Shipping is free in the continental US.

Packaging & Presentation of Pura D'or Argan Oil Products

All three of these products arrived safely and in perfect condition.  They were all shipped in protective sleeves, and there were no leaks, damage, nor defects during shipment.  The covers easily slid off, but the Hair, Body, & Face Treatment was packaged in a lovely little reusable drawstring bag.


All three products are used in conjunction with each other, but they are not sold in a set. 


Beginning with the shampoo (since it's what you'd typically use first), the bottle itself is dark brown with with black and blue chrome accents.  It measures 7.5" x 3.0".  It uses a pump dispenser as the method of application.  This particular bottle is for Hair Loss Prevention.  The front of the bottle outlines four features of this shampoo, and says that it contains no SLS, parabens, or harsh chemicals.  The back of the bottle introduces the product, tells you what it is and how it works, and provides ingredients and directions for use.  This shampoo is doctor trusted, cruelty free, 100% satisfaction guaranteed, and made in the USA.


Secondly, we have the conditioner. The bottle itself is a royal blue with with black and blue chrome accents.  It measures 7.5" x 3.0".  It uses a pump dispenser as the method of application.  This particular bottle is fragranced Lavender Vanilla.  The front of the bottle outlines three features of this conditioner, and says that it contains no SLS, parabens, or harsh chemicals.  The back of the bottle tells you some background information of the product, provides a list of ingredients, directions for use, and the company's website.


Lastly, we have the Hair, Body, & Face Treatment.  This is a smaller bottle, being 1.0 fl oz.  This is a dark brown bottle with black and gold-chrome accents.  It measures only 4.0" x 1.25" at its widest points.  The bottle came in a cute drawstring bad, and a little pamphlet explaining the benefits of this treatment.


The front of the bottle labels the product and brand.  It says it's imported from Morocco.  The back of the bottle explains what it is, and how to use it.  It lists the ingredients, and has the 'USDA Organic' seal printed on the back.


My Personal Experience with Pura D'or Argan Oil Products

This is definitely a set of products that is right up my alley.  I love using a good shampoo and conditioner set, and especially if it smells good.  As I grow older, I've been noticing that my hair is slowly thinning out.  It's not terrible or anything, but it's happening, and I can't avoid it.  Since this is a 'hair loss therapy' product, I'm definitely excited to try it!


The shampoo is clear, and it has a very strong essential oil smell.  Almost like a tea tree mixed with oregano.  I'm not entirely fond of this fragrance, but it lathers well, and rinses nicely.  It uses a pump dispenser, so I use about 2 pumps for my hair.  The fragrance doesn't hang around long, and the conditioner's fragrance overrides it, so it's not a big deal.




The conditioner is my favorite part of this set.  It smells so good.  It's lavender vanilla.  Now, let me say this-- I would not normally gravitate towards this fragrance.  But now that I have it in hand, I'm in love.  It's extremely calming, and sweet.  It really moisturizes your hair, too.



The Hair, Body, & Face Treatment is a really nice, high quality product.  I have a bottle of argan oil that I use pretty frequently, but I find that this one is a higher quality.  It's unscented, and it spreads evenly throughout my hair and skin.  Plus, it absorbs almost instantly without leaving any sort of residue!  It makes everything extremely soft.  This bottle uses a dropper, so it can get a little messy if you aren't careful.  It's a 100% pure, USDA organic oil.  It's definitely one of my most favorites that I've ever used.


Pros of Pura D'or Argan Oil Products
  • This complete line works hand in hand to give the ultimate results.
  • Each product has a different function.
  • These products are not tested on animals.
  • This company guarantees your satisfaction 100%.
  • The conditioner smells so good!
Cons of Pura D'or Argan Oil Products
  • I wish that this company sold products in sets for a reduced price.
  • I'm not fond of the shampoo's fragrance.
Summary

After a few uses, I'm happy to say that I really enjoy using this set.  All of the products work hand-in-hand to moisturize, soften, and renew your hair.  I love the conditioner and the Hair, Body, & Face Treatment.  The shampoo works good, and lathers well, but the fragrance isn't my favorite.  I definitely recommend checking these out, just because I don't like the shampoo's fragrance doesn't mean that you won't!  Since these products are 100% satisfaction guaranteed, you don't have anything to lose, so order now!




For further information, please visit Pura D'or on:


DISCLAIMER:  I received the product mentioned above complimentary for review and testing purposes. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  All opinions stated above are solely mine, and have not been influenced in any way.  I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

1 comment:

Love This Product said...

Love pura d’or argan oil. It’s so potent, you only need a drop or two for your face and it gets absorbed instantly no greasy feel! I wear it to the gym when swimming so that my skin has a moisture barrier to the chlorine!