02 March 2015

..::Glitz 'n Glamour::.. The Chequered Lily Apothecary Review


Hello, everyone! Ok, so everyone knows by now that I have this obsession with eye shadow. I was sent (6) eye shadows from The Chequered Lily Apothecary. These eye shadows are “my colors” right now. I am really digging the purple colors at the moment.


These colors are beautiful. They all have some shimmer to them, which I LOVE. Shimmer is just my thing-- I love sparkle. The colors that I was sent are: 'Pulsar', a light pink shimmer. I would use this color as a highlight under my brow. 'Grimoire', this is a medium purple. I definitely see a little pink in it, but not much. I love this color, and it is perfect for a dramatic purple smoky eye. 'Lovesong', this is also a purplish color. It has a good bit of pink in it. This color reminds me of a nice cranberry color, and I am really into the cranberry colors at the moment. 'Terra', a deep purple (it may have a hint of brown to it, too), and I see brown a little in this color but not as much as I do the purple. I have a thing with deep purple colors. If they blend out to be more black than purple, I normally won’t use it again. This color (even though I see a little brown in it) blends to be more purple, and I LOVE that. 'MR Wednesday', this is a very light color it may be a very light brown or gold. Maybe even some silver or pink. I see more shimmer than anything when I look at this color. I like shimmer, so that makes me like this eye shadow. 'Brand New Day', to me, this color is like a baby sister to a copper color. I honestly don’t think I have seen a shadow like this before. It has some gold and pink to it, but when I look at it again, I see a very light copper color. I am very intrigued by this color, I just LOVE it.


Like I said before, all of these colors have shimmer.  I also noticed that some of these colors didn't blend out as well as I normally like, but that didn't stop me from making them work. The colors I had trouble blending were the darker colors: 'Lovesong', 'Grimoire', and 'Terra'. Once those colors were placed, they were there to stay (and that's not always a bad thing!). I would suggest using more of a matte-neutral color to help blend these colors.  That is what worked for me.


Overall, all of the eye shadows that I was sent are very pretty. I cannot even pick a favorite! But if I had to pick at least three of the eye shadows, I would say: 'Lovesong', 'Mr Wednesday', and 'Brand New Day' are my favorites. 'Lovesong' is one of the eye shadows that I had trouble blending out, so I would use this color on my full lid, and use a light matte color to buff it out a little. 'Mr Wednesday' is the light shimmer which I just LOVE, and 'Brand New Day' is the copper color (the baby sister to copper). Please visit The Chequered Lily Apothecary on Facebook.

xoxo
marah


DISCLAIMER:  I received the product mentioned above complimentary for review and testing purposes. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  All opinions stated above are solely mine, and have not been influenced in any way.  I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments: