09 March 2015

..::Glitz 'n Glamour::.. Angel Face Botanicals Review


Hello, everyone! I have done so many reviews about makeup and how much I love it. I realize that I haven’t talked much about skin care, which is very important! To get a flawless look, you have to take care of your skin. Let’s face it-- we all want that flawless face, so where do you start? First, you need to find a great cleanser, moisturizer, exfoliator, and face mask. I was sent all of these (plus a lip balm!) from Angel Face Botanicals on Etsy.

From the company:
"At Angel Face Botanicals we make small batch facial products, body care, and aromatherapy oils using natural and organic sustainably sourced ingredients. Our Luxe natural skincare products aremade with cold-pressed oils, herbs, flowers, natural salts, minerals, and are scented with therapeutic grade essential oils for beautiful skin and wellness in mind, body and spirit.

•  Premium Small Batch Artisan Quality
•  Skincare Crafted in a High-Vibrational Environment & Infused with Reiki
•  Therapeutic Aromatherapy Formulas
•  Sustainable, Wild-crafted, & Organic Botanicals
•  Free of synthetic colorants
•  100% naturally scented 
•  Vegetarian, cruelty-free, & never animal tested
•  No mineral oil, silicones, or petrochemicals
•  NO parabens, phthalates, or sulfates
•  Recyclable packaging
• Woman-owned & operated small business
•  California Certified Green Business in Monterey Bay
•  We support Local & Regional farmers & suppliers
•  Eco-friendly, Eco-conscious, Eco-fabulous!

Simply put, it just feels good to be Green!"

All this information above was sent to me printed on a piece of paper. I thought it was great information, and I just had to share it with all of you. You all know how I feel about natural products! I also LOVE the fact that the products are not tested on animals. Oh, and may I just say this-- the fact that the products are vegetarian is also a great plus for me. 

Now the fun part-- the products! 

I was sent a 9.0 oz bottle of 'Kissed', which is a gentle sudsing gel cleanser. This is a pump bottle which is so nice, and the pump works great. The label has a lot of great information on it. The front of the label tells you exactly what it is:
“A light organic lather gently removers built up dirt, grime, makeup & sunscreen, from your skin. Chamomile, Calendula & Lavender help calm redness & promote healing for clean, clear, radiant skin.” 


The other side of the label gives you directions:
 “Cleanse your face each morning & night. Massage into wet skin & rinse well. Use 1-2 times per day. Always cleanse in a circular motion in an upward direction. Follow with your favorite Angel Face Botanicals toner, serum & moisturizer."


On the other side of the label, it lists all of the ingredients.


 I love labels, as most you probably know by now. This label had wonderful information on it and directions on how to use this product. This cleanser definitely has the essential oil smell to me, which is not my favorite. However, essential oils are really good for the skin. With that being said, I tried this cleanser on my face and I noticed that a little of the cleanser goes a long way.


It lathers very well, and the smell dies down a bit after washing your face. I was left with a nice, clean face that really had a clean feeling and my skin was so soft after using this cleanser. 

After the cleanser, I tried the 'Pineapple & Papaya Gentle Exfoliating Mask'. This product also has a great label. The front tells me exactly what it is, and the side tells me how to use it:
“Apply generously to clean damp skin. Leave on 5-20 minutes. You may feel a slight tingling sensation. Rinse well & follow with toner, serum & moisturizer.” 


The other side also has the ingredients listed. This exfoliating mask really had me fooled at first (as far as scent). I smelled it in the jar, and was not fond of it.  But once I put it on, it barely has a scent, which in my mind is a good thing. I don’t really like for my facial masks to have a scent to them since I normally leave them on for about 15-20 minutes. This mask is clear, just like it is in the jar.


 The texture is almost a gel, but not sticky like a gel. I applied this mask to my face just like the directions say, and it went on very nice and smooth. The directions also say leave on for 5-20 minutes, and I suggest leaving it on for the full 20 minutes, or at the very least, 10 minutes. It took about 5 minutes for this mask to dry on my face.


  When it did, it dried nicely. It did tingle (just a little, not much), but enough for me to know that it is working. Once I washed my face, I was left with the softest skin. This mask was very nice, as it was not sticky like some other face masks that I have used. I really enjoyed this mask. I really wasn't sure at first, but now I love it!  I will be using this mask regularly on Sundays (Sunday is mask day!). 

Now-- on to the moisturizer. I love moisturizers, and the way they just make my face feel. So nice and smooth. The moisturizer that I was sent is 'Light Feather-Weight Facial Moisturizer'. I was sent a sample, but even the sample pack has nice information about the product:
“Fast-absorbing & ultra- light enriched with beneficial phyto-nutrients. Oil-controlling botanicals & skin-saving antioxidants. "


The back of the sample pack tells me how to use it:
“Apply after cleansing & toning. Perfect as a nourishing, light daily moisturizer under makeup or sunscreen.” 


The moisturizer is white, but goes into the skin nicely without leaving any color behind.


 The smell is different, but I like how it smells, I wish I could explain it to you-- but I can’t.  It's one of those things that you are going to have to smell for yourself. I really like this moisturizer a LOT! It goes on nicely, and leaves behind that clean, soothing feeling that I just love. 

Lastly, I was sent a lip balm in the flavor 'Vanilla'. The label is nice, as it has the company name and flavor/scent of the lip balm.


 It also says that it is certified organic, and has the ingredients listed.


 The lip balm smells delicious, but I just have to say that it smells more like cake batter to me. (YUM!) This lip balm is great, and it went on nice and smooth. I had incredibly smooth and moisturized lips after using this lip balm. 

Overall, I enjoyed everything that I was sent. I will be using these products again and again. I have to say that the mask was my favorite, but I really liked all of them. Please check out Angel Face Botanicals on Etsy or their website.

xoxo
marah


DISCLAIMER:  I received the product mentioned above complimentary for review and testing purposes. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  All opinions stated above are solely mine, and have not been influenced in any way.  I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments: