04 February 2015

..::Glitz 'n Glamour::.. Mario Badescu 'Special Face Mask for Oily Skin' Review


Hi, everyone! If you have watched any of the Friday Favorites videos, you know that I have a Sunday regimen. This past Sunday, I used the Mario Badescu 'Special Face Mask for Oily Skin'. 


The website says:
  •  BENEFITS: Prevent Pimples & Blackheads. Control build-up and surface oils with this clay & Calamine mask. Ideal for excessively oily & congested skin to maintain clean, healthy skin. 
  • HOW TO USE: Apply a thin layer on clean skin, avoiding eye area. Wait 20 minutes and rinse with tepid water. Follow with Control Moisturizer for Oily Skin or Oil Free Moisturizer. May be used 2-3 times a week. Use more often if necessary.
  • INGREDIENTS: Deionized Water (Aqua),Seamollient (Algae), Kaolin, Calamine,Magnesium Carbonate,Bentonite, Sorbitol

I like how the website says what the benefits are; that is always a plus for me. I like to know what a product is going to do for my skin. The instructions on how to use the product are also listed (as you see above). Ingredients are a big thing for me, too.  I try not to use certain ingredients on my face because they cause me to break me out (nobody likes breakouts!).

I got the 2 oz jar of the 'Special Mask for Oily Skin'. On the back of the bottle, is a little description of what the mask does, how to use it, and the list of ingredients. I always like products that have instructions on how to use them, especially face masks. 

I opened my jar, and was a little surprised that it was REALLY watery. My sister-in-law told me to shake it really well, because a lot of Mario Badescu products settle to the bottom of the bottle. I shook it for a good 30 seconds, and opened it again and it was still really runny. I am not really a fan of watery products that I use on my face, but I tried it and I actually liked it a LOT.


It did not have a burning sensation, but it did dry very fast and tightened my face. I left the mask on for 20 minutes like the instructions said. Once I got ready to wash my face, the mask did not wipe off easily, but I think that’s a good thing. You don’t want it to just sit on your face; you want it to dry and really work into the pores. I honestly think it worked. I feel a little less oily this week than I did last Sunday.

I will be using the mask again; it's not my favorite just because of how runny it is. I will say that Mario Badescu products are very good, and definitely worth it, if you have not ever used any before. 

Xoxo
marah

Disclaimer:  This is my product.  This is not a sponsored review.  I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments: