06 February 2015

..::Book Review::.. The Ultimate Treasure Quest I: The Jewel of Peru by Sharon Skretting


My Review of The Ultimate Treasure Quest I: The Jewel of Peru by Sharon Skretting

Back of the Book Description:

“The Jewel of Peru is a magical adventure through time, taking young Captain Christopher and his loyal crew of orphaned stowaways on a perilous quest in search of Christopher's missing parents. 

After his father's ship is found abandoned at sea, Christopher makes an unexpected discovery on board—The Ultimate Treasure Chest! Inside is a message that beckons him to set sail after the treasure and his parents. When a savage pirate and a corrupt businessman join forces to steal the treasure for themselves, the gang gets caught up in pirate chases, time travel, and an underground network of spies. Will Christopher find the Jewel and his parents, or will all be lost for ever?"

Synopsis (My Personal Version):

This book begins by introducing you to a group of children that are unlikely to be friends; but they are brought together by unfortunate events.  They are stowaways, and each one is an orphan.  Ranging from ages 6 to 16, these children begin an adventure unlike any other.  You are then introduced to Christopher, a child whose parents have gone missing.  He finds his way with the other orphans, and they go on a huge journey, trying to find his parents and some treasure.

My Thoughts:

This book is a the work of a genius.  I never read books like these, mostly because this style is not my typical 'mystery, true-crime, or street lawyer' books.  I decided to venture out of my comfort zone, because this seemed like a really fun book.  I was right.  It felt like I was on the adventure, and Christopher was my captain.  The descriptions were so vivid that I was able to picture the people, scenery, and dialogue like it was happening right next to me.  This book can be for an advanced reader all the way to an adult.  I absolutely enjoyed this book, and I really look forward to the next in the series.

If you haven’t read anything by Sharon Skretting, please check out some of her books, you will quickly fall in love with her work.

CLICK HERE to purchase this book-- available in Kindle and Paperback.

Please visit Sharon Skretting


DISCLAIMER:  I received the product mentioned above complimentary for review and testing purposes. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  All opinions stated above are solely mine, and have not been influenced in any way.  I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments: