13 January 2015

..::Product Review::.. Oleavine Konjac Sponge



My Review of the Oleavine Beauty Konjac Sponge

What is it exactly?

     From the website. . .
"Imagine being able to gently exfoliate each day as the cornerstone of your beauty regime so your other favorite beauty products will be more effective than ever.  Don't be surprised if your new daily exfoliating habit becomes your favorite part of the day as you gently massage and relax your face. The scientist types will tell you this also increases circulation and skin cell turnover, etc... but we just think it feels amazing, and that's enough for us.  When the gorgeous box arrives, take a second to admire the great care we took in making sure you get the most out of your new sponge. It's not rocket science, but there are a few pointers on the box so you get the best experience and extend the life of this precious "Miracle Sponge".”

Review…

I was sent a 100% natural konjac sponge infused with french green clay from Oleavine to review.  

This konjac sponge costs $10.00, and shipping is free with Amazon Prime.

Packaging & Presentation of the Oleavine Beauty Konjac Sponge

The konjac sponge arrived in great condition, inside of a really nice box.  The  box is black and has white and chrome accents.  The sponge itself measures 4.0" x 3.0" at its widest points.

The front of the box labels the product and brand.  It also specifies that this is the French Green Clay Infused konjac sponge, as Oleavine Beauty offers a few other ones.  It also says that this sponge:  exfoliates, cleanses, detoxifies, and refreshes.  The back of the box gives a little background on what konjac sponges are, and details more about the infusion of french green clay.  You will also find the directions, ingredients, and distribution information here.



Both of the sides of the box has information, too.  The right side has a bunch of symbols on it.  These symbols are:  eco-friendly, recyclable, not tested on animals, and vegan-approved.  The left side of the box gives a few tips and instructions on sanitation.  




When I opened the box, I found not only the sponge, but a thank you note from Oleavine Beauty.  I like that they include this, it gives the brand a personality.


The sponge itself is wrapped in a tight cellophane. It is kind of hard to get off, so you can use scissors, but be sure to not cut your new konjac sponge!


My Personal Experience with the Oleavine Beauty Konjac Sponge

Konjac sponges have been all the rage in the beauty community recently.  I've tried a konjac sponge from another brand previously, and wasn't too happy with it.  I was looking forward to trying this one, because I use the Oleavine moisturizer and I know that they back up and stand behind their products.  A few interesting things about this particular konjac sponge:

+ 100% natural
+ Biodegradable
+ Sustainably developed
+ No chemicals
+ No colors added
+ No preservatives

Before using this sponge, you need to wet it with warm water.  It expands right in your hand!  It takes a minute or two to allow it to fully soak up the water.



This sponge is really, really soft.  I love using it on my bare skin, right after I take off my makeup, and right before I use a gel cleanser.  The french green clay is a natural absorbent, and it helps draw out oil, dirt, and bacteria.



...and when I'm done using it, I simply hang it up using the string that Oleavine has manufactured into this sponge.


Pros of the Oleavine Beauty Konjac Sponge
  • Versatile-- because of the shape, you can use it on body and face.
  • The french green clay is awesome, it is a natural absorbent.
  • You don't need to use additional products with this konjac sponge.
  • The company produces quality products that they stand behind.
  • Comes with a convenient built-in string that you can hang to dry.
Cons of the Oleavine Beauty Konjac Sponge
  • I have not found any cons of this product.
Summary

This particular konjac sponge is amazing!  It proved to be a gentle exfoliator that I can use daily, and it easily made its way into my normal skincare regimen.  I love that it is shaped like a pear, it makes it easy to use it for both body and face if you choose to do so.  It is well made, and will definitely last for 2-3 months.

Are you wanting to get your very own Oleavine Beauty Konjac Sponge?



For further information, please visit Oleavine on:


DISCLAIMER:  I received the product mentioned above complimentary for review and testing purposes. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  All opinions stated above are solely mine, and have not been influenced in any way.  I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

1 comment:

craftsonthego said...
This comment has been removed by the author.