15 November 2014

My Sleep Number Experience-- The Smartest Bed I've Ever Encountered


I was given the opportunity to visit a Sleep Number store and learn about (and experience!) the new SleepIQ technology.

I have never been to a Sleep Number store before (probably because I was scared of the prices!).  The nearest one to where I live now is about an hour away, but I figured it would totally be worth it.  My sister-in-law and I went together, we wanted to check it out!

I walked into the store at around 11 am or so and I was greeted by an employee.  I was kind of expecting to not be taken seriously because I told her right from the start that I was just there for the 'experience'.  But no-- she was awesome.  She really took her time and explained everything in detail and was super informative and helpful.

The first activity was laying on Sleep Number's most popular seller, the p5 bed.  From this bed, my initial Sleep Number score was recorded.  I ended up getting a 40.  What was really neat is that there was a live feed going on from the time I laid down.  I saw where my initial high pressure areas were and why I cannot get a restful sleep.  After she plugged in my sleep number of 40, the bed conformed to my body and let me tell you-- this was the absolute most comfortable bed I have ever laid in.  

After that, we moved to the i8.  If I was to buy a Sleep Number bed, this is the one I'd buy.  It had a split top, it had presets for watching tv, reading, and it even had a massager built in!  ALL of this can be controlled with a single press of a button on the remote.

The next step was learning about the actual SleepIQ technology.  It's insane.  This BED measures how well you sleep.  Yes, that's right.  It monitors your heart rate, your respiration, how many times you move at night, how many times you get out of bed, etc.  Then in the morning, it lets you know how much actual rest you got.  From this point, you can make small changes in your patterns to ensure that you are getting the best sleep possible.  What's even crazier?  There is an app for it.  They are working on getting it for your phone, so basically you can monitor everything from your phone. How awesome is that!?  You can view everything at the touch of a button.  You can compare your sleep to your partner's, or even another month's patterns.

The last part that I got to discover was the dual temp mattress topper. It's a thin topper that you add on top of your actual mattress that regulates the temperature +/- 10ยบ under the blanket.  What's so great about this is that if your partner is cold, but you are hot, you can change the temperature on your side.  I really, really, really like this feature.  


In the end, it's all about getting the best sleep you can.  Sleep Number helps with that.  This is the smartest bed that I have ever experienced.  I had no idea that this stuff even existed.  And now I want one.  It's on my Christmas list.  ;)

If you get a chance to go to Sleep Number, I suggest it.  Even if you know that you can't buy one.  It's fun to experience this technology.  The employees are really awesome, and they value you as a customer.  

Disclaimer:  I visited Sleep Number on behalf of a campaign from Smiley 360.  I was not compensated for this post.  I have the potential to win a Sleep Number pillow.

No comments: