02 September 2014

..::Product Review::.. Konjac Facial Sponge


My Review of the Konjac Facial Sponge

What is it exactly?

     From the website . . .
"pureSol Konjac Sponge is unbelievably soft and excellent for all skin types!  It is made of 100% pure Konjac vegetable fiber and processed without any coloring or additives.  Great for hypersensitive skin!  Konjac is a moisture rich plant fibre which is by nature alkaline and thus balances the acidity of the skin's impurities and oils.  The unique net like structure of the sponge gently massages skin, breaks down dirt, stimulates blood flow and new growth of skin cells.  It leaves the skin extremely clean and refreshed!  All of our Konjac Sponges are made with the highest food level Konjac which contains the best quality and the largest quantity of Konjac Glucomannan.  Our Konjac is grown in a pollution free mountainous area of China that is known to have the highest quality Konjac powder.  We are the only company that manages the entire process from planting to producing the highest quality Konjac sponge. "

Review…

pureSol sent me the Konjac Facial Sponge with added Bamboo Charcoal for review.

The original price of this Konjac Sponge is $24.95 on Amazon.  It is currently on sale for $10.00 with free shipping for Prime members.

Packaging & Presentation

The Konjac Sponge arrived in a bubble-padded envelope.  After opening it, I was disappointed to note that the box was completely smashed and one side of it ripped open.  I taped it back together for reviewing purposes.

On a good note, the box itself is made of 90% compostable material.  

The front of the box has a little window where you can view the Konjac Sponge.


Front of the box
The back of the box was the informational part. This is where the customer needs to look in order to read information about the sponge.


Back of the box 
Next, the side of the box is where the usage instructions are.  It is important to take note that these are located here since there are not any included instructions inside the packaging.  The directions are very cut and dry, but before using any product, it is important to read and follow all directions.


Side of the box
After inspecting the outside of the box, it was time to open it.  After emptying out the contents, I found a wrapped Konjac Sponge with an attached string.  There was no suction cup in my box, the company forgot to include it.  To me, it was no big deal because I already have a suction cup in my bathroom.  However, it is upsetting that a piece of the product was missing.  The Konjac Sponge came tightly wrapped in cellophane.


Opening the box
After unwrapping the cellophane, the Konjac Sponge was hard to the touch.  I also unraveled the attached string, made to hang on the suction cup hook for drying.  The string was attached very well, I'm sure it wouldn't come off during use.


Unwrapping the Konjac Sponge
My Personal Experience with the Konjac Facial Sponge

I have never used a sponge on my face before, so I suppose there is a first time for everything!  After I took the sponge out of the box, I ran it under lukewarm water in order for the sponge to soften up and fill out to true size.

After I let it soften, I added my facial soap.  Keep in mind though, that you do not need to use an additional cleanser, as the sponge already contains activated carbon and essential minerals to clean and brighten your skin. Also, if you add a cleanser, the sponge creates even more bubbles than normal, so be sure to use only a small amount.


Adding additional cleanser
After I put on my facial soap, it was easy from there.  I washed my face as I normally do, in small circular motions all over.  That's all there is to it!




After you are done using your Konjac Sponge, you squeeze it while you run it under warm water to get all of the suds out.  After that, you hang it up on the suction cup hanger that is provided.  My package did not include a suction cup, unfortunately.  However, I already had one in my bathroom which helped!

Hanging the Konjac Sponge after use

Pros of the Konjac Facial Sponge
  • It's small, which makes it super easy to store.
  • It's manufactured with the intent to be hung up to dry instead of laying down where it might mold.
  • Eco-friendly, sponge is biodegradable, cruelty-free, and vegan. In fact, when you are done using it, you can compost it.  
Cons of the Konjac Facial Sponge
  • I did not receive all of the parts, namely the suction cup.
  • The initial packaging was poor.  My box fell apart during shipment. I would be disappointed if I got this as a gift with such poor packaging.
  • The sponge took f-o-r-e-v-e-r to rinse out after using, the suds would not dissipate.
Summary

Although the Konjac Sponge has some great points, I can't see myself being a dedicated Konjac Sponge customer.  $10.00 is very expensive for this product, especially since you will need to replace it every 2-3 months.  

I am a very eco-friendly individual, so if anything, I loved that aspect of the Konjac Sponge.  I was upset that I did not receive all of the contents, and that my box was completely ruined.  I also did not notice 'brighter looking skin'.  It seemed like a normal facial sponge to me.

I can't say I would recommend this product, I'd rather do it the old fashioned way.


For further information, please visit pureSOL on:
 AMAZON

DISCLAIMER:  I received the product mentioned above for free from pureSOL for reviewing purposes. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  All opinions stated above are solely mine, and have not been influenced in any way.

No comments: