07 June 2011

My Worst Fear.



Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.


First thing:  I'm terrified, I mean TERRIFIED of bees.  I guess we need them for honey and pollination, but to be honest, I'll skip out on those.  


When I was about 4 or 5 years old, I was at the playground riding one of those springy horse ordeals.  Unbeknownst to me, there was a wasp hive in the coil.  I tried to escape my fate, but I had 8 wasp stings in the same place on my elbow.  


When I was 16, I was crawling into bed for the night, and my leg just started hurting.  Bad.  I looked under the covers and there were 2 yellow jackets under there.


Last summer, I was at Busch Gardens.  I was riding this awesome roller coaster when all of a sudden a bee flew in my mouth and stung me on the inside of my lip.


Yes, I've had more.  None other than these that were out of the ordinary, though.  Just a step on one here and there.  


Now, I don't know why I did this.  I decided to google 'most dangerous bee'.  This crazy article came up on Cracked.com about the 5 most terrifying bugs in the world.  What was the first one on there?  Yes.  The Japanese Giant Hornet.  It is the size of your thumb, and it sprays flesh-melting poison into your eyes.  


I don't know what I would do if I saw one of these.  The poison also has a pheromone in it that will call every other hornet in the hive to come and sting you, too!


There is no outrunning it.  They fly 50 miles/day.


40 people die a year from these nasty hornets.  


I'm scared.

No comments: