25 October 2010

Product Review - Healthy Choice Steamers - Garlic Herb Shrimp


For lunch today, I decided I'd try the Healthy Choice Steamers - Garlic and Herb Shrimp frozen meal. I'm going to rate my reviews on a scale of 1 to 5 stars.  Let's take a look at the results:

Packaging
Upon sight, it looks delicious!  The outer packaging is very attractive, and it looks like a healthy meal.  The inside packaging was nice also, they provide one with a sturdy bowl for the meal, rather than the flimsy plastic trays most companies offer.

Ease of Use
Compared to other cook-n-go meals, this one was VERY easy.  There is no plastic cutting, film slitting, etc.  You literally just put it in the microwave, set the timer for 3 1/2 minutes, and then it is DONE.  Very easy, very efficient.


Taste
Overall, the taste  was good.  That's all I give it.  A good.  In the picture, it looks as if there is a sauce that covers all of the 'stuff'.  Well, there is, but it is more like water with a few herbs in it.  The asparagus tasted very fresh, the shrimp was great, noodles cooked well, and zucchini was amazing.  I just wish that the 'sauce' was all encompassing like the picture claims. The meal has only 260 calories and 7g of fat.  That is pretty good for an entire lunch!

Value
I paid only $1.50 for this meal.  I'd say it was a terrific value.  I was full afterwards and I felt that I chose a healthier option with my $1.50.  Plus, they were NOT skimpy on the meat.  Most frozen meals do not give you very much meat, so I was expecting 2-5 shrimp in the whole meal.  I had about 10-11.

Summary
Overall, I'd definitely buy Healthy Choice Steamers - Garlic Herb Shrimp again.  It was delicious, and a great value.  The only thing is the sauce was a bit watery.

Total Stars:  4 out of 5

2 comments:

Melissa Jackson said...

Confirmation Code for ShareSale


GHCMNBC9467306

Beeb said...

I enjoy these Steamers - I'd like to try this one!

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I am now following back. :)